Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Are Your Prospects Scratching Their Heads?


I received a "robo" call from Verizon offering me discounts, etc to change my phone plan. The call instructed me to press any key to be connected with an operator. I did so and got a recording that "due to high call volume all our operators are busy now" I was then informed that there was a 5 minute wait for an operator. (OK, this is where we scratch our heads.)


So, let me get this straight. An organization is prospecting yet expects people to wait to speak to someone? Needless to say, I hung up.


BTW, I was actually trying to get my phone number off their list. As I'm sure other callers were trying to do as well. But what about the people that actually did want to learn about Verizon services? How many of them hung up instead of waiting?

Let's use this as an opportunity. Consider it an "Aha" moment, if you will. Ask yourself, have you created procedures to make it easy to buy from you? Did you instead create situations where you are alienating potential customers from doing business with you?

Sometimes you need to be able to step back and look at your procedures from the perspectives of the people with whom you want to do business. Have you made it easy for them? You'll get more sales and have more satisfied customers when you make it easy to do business with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment